TAIWANESE GRAMMAR: A CONCISE REFERENCE
Taiwanese Grammar: A Concise Reference is an unprecedented guide delivering clear, straightforward explanations of Taiwanese grammar while offering insightful comparisons to Mandarin and English.
Designed to be both functional and accessible, the text makes searching for topics quick and easy with fully cross-referenced entries and a comprehensive index. Explanations are concise and carefully illustrated with well over one thousand example sentences. All example sentences provide highlighted glosses in three languages: Taiwanese, Mandarin, and English. In addition, examples place particular emphasis on frequently used vocabulary and include character script and Romanization for both Taiwanese and Mandarin.
Features of this publication include:
- Easy-to-use reference guide with cross-referenced entries and a comprehensive index
- 1000+ example sentences using everyday vocabulary rendered in Taiwanese, Mandarin, and English
- In-depth guide to pronunciation using English approximations and full explanations on rules for changing tones (tone sandhi)
- Character script for Taiwanese in accordance with the official selection of Taiwanese Characters by the Taiwanese Ministry of Education (2007)
- Romanization provided for both Taiwanese (Peh-oe-ji) and Mandarin (Hanyu Pinyin)
Available now on multiple DIGITAL platforms
Download a free sample onto your device by visiting one of the links below:
AVAILABLE NOW IN PRINT
ORDER YOUR PRINT COPY NOW
ALSO AVAILABLE AT YOUR FAVORITE BOOKSELLER BY VISITING ONE OF THE LINKS BELOW: